- Hammers • Meteors • Darts
- Handles · Heads · Rope · Nodes
- SpinOptic Products & Parts
- VR Tracker Props
• Our objective is to bring as much of the aesthetic from daytime spinning into night as possible.
• The glowing tethers add an entirely new dimension to spinning glow props at night.
• The glowing handles unlock all sorts of tosses that are difficult without visual feedback.
• Highly flexible, among the most flexible side-glowing cables in the world
• Swivel bearing at the head
• Welded connection points at the head and handle
• Moderate-low stretch
• NOTE: The cable length is NOT adjustable, you must order the correct length at purchase.
• 90mm Umoja heads for contact poi - total weight with batteries: ~180g
• Low-profile Ovo heads - total weight with batteries: ~180g
• Optically coupled to the fiberoptics in the tether = glowing handles!
• Precision machined aluminum body - built like a tank
• Highly water-resistant seals at the joints
• Ultra-bright RGB LED - one of the most efficient available
• Practice - 30 hours. Soft, intimate light for the dark corners of festivals and forests
• Play - 6 hours. Unoffensive, but social and present
• Perform - 2.5 hours. OMG that's bright! put that up on a stage!
• A USB battery charger
• Warranty & documentation/instructions
SpinOptic Tethers are covered under warranty for defects, but not against wear and tear. Generally speaking, the fiberoptic tethers are more fragile than normal tether material, and need to be treated with more care. They are a consumable item, and we think of them like guitar strings: they'll need to be replaced occasionally, but the lifespan will depend on your play style.
Here are some general tips for tether care:
If you do wraps like method (2), you may find that your tethers stay healthier, longer.
Replacement tethers are available here.
When podpoi came out I thought they were nice, but too light and not good for contact.
Spinoptic poi are amazing. Being able to see an illuminated handle and teather during tosses is crucial. I have the umoja spheres and they are great. Had them for a year now, still doing great. Keegan Kuvach on 12th Nov 2016